Restaurant: Habanero/Cafe deSales/O Pie O

Today I had a full day off of work so I decided to explore around the city a bit! I started the day at Eden park with a 2 mile run. I love running here, the views are incredible and there are so many different paths to take. I started the run at the Twin Lakes Overlook. 

Twin Lakes Overlook

Then I ran down the hill past the Krohn Conservatory. 
Krohn Conservatory
Then finally I ended up at Mirror Lake!
Mirror Lake
Running back up the hill is always a challenge but the views are definitely worth it. 
Twin Lakes Overlook
I had some time to kill before lunch with my dad, so I went to grab a coffee. I stopped at Cafe DeSales in East Walnut Hills. I've never been there even though I went to school right down the street for four years! 
Cafe DeSales
I ordered a caramel latte and sat outside on the patio and read for a bit. 
Cafe DeSales Patio & The Goldfinch
Then I headed to Clifton and picked my dad up from work. We've always wanted to try Habanero in the Gaslight District. 
Habanero
We ordered a couple of dishes to split- chicken taco, rice, and a chicken quesadilla. The rice was a little disappointing (we are very particular about our rice), but everything else was delicious!

Chicken Taco and Rice

Chicken Quesadilla

Can't wait to go back and try their giant chimichangas!

Finally, on my way home, I stopped at O Pie O in Walnut Hills. I have been DYING to try it because my family loves pies! It's SUCH a cute store. 
O Pie O

O Pie O Menu
I ordered a honey vinegar, blackberry buttermilk, and a lemon bar slice. 

Lemon Bar (left), Honey Vinegar (middle), Blackberry Buttermilk (right)
I keep sneaking bites from the fridge even though I was trying to save the slices for dessert tonight! 

Have you been to O Pie O? What's your go-to slice?

Comments

Popular Posts