A Week in the Life of a Dietetic Intern (4/40)

This week was my first week of my Community/Public Health Rotation at Sutphen Corporation in Dublin, Ohio. For those of you that do not know exactly what a Dietetic Internship entails, it is usually an 8-10 month program consisting of supervised practice in different settings of the nutrition field. OSU's program consists of rotations on the Clinical, Community/Public Health, Foodservice, and Research realm of dietetics. At the completion of the internship, I will become a candidate to sit for the Commission on Dietetic Registration Examination to become a Registered Dietitian. It's a long process but it will be well worth it in the end!

Sutphen Corporation

Sutphen Corporation Lobby


Monday

Today my boyfriend and I drove home from Kelleys Island and then met my parents in Columbus for lunch. They were on their way home from Boardman, Ohio, where my dad grew up. We met at Greek Express in Grandview and the food there is sooo good and high quality! My parents also brought me some tasty treats from Boardman :) I grew up eating some of the best food when we would visit my Nana. I'm very grateful to have such wonderful memories surrounding food. They are ones that I will cherish and hopefully pass on to my children one day!

Did some decorating :)


Cornersburg pizza, Wise chips + Helluva dip, House of China Wonton Soup

Tuesday

First day at Sutphen Corporation! It is a family owned fire truck manufacturing company located in Dublin, Ohio. They have other locations located in Urbana and Springfield, Ohio. My rotation here will consist of helping the Executive Coordinator build the Employee Wellness program. I'm excited for this opportunity because I will be learning so much about the RD's role in business and leadership. Today we spent time getting to know each other and I learned a lot about the business and what my role will look like for the next five weeks. 

Salami and Cheese

After the work day the interns met back on OSU's campus for our weekly seminar where we reflected on our counseling simulations from last week. 

For dinner tonight, Michael and I met at Arepazo in the Brewery District of High Street. Everything was really good! Happy hour is definitely a plus. 

Happy Hour Menu

Chicken Arepa and Papa Criolla

Red Sangria

Tequenos

The Big Mexican


Wednesday

Today my preceptor and I traveled to the Urbana Chassis location for the monthly profit performance meeting. All departments that generate revenue sit in on the meeting and discuss their progress on set key performance indicators (KPIs). We spent the rest of the day brainstorming ideas for the next five weeks!

Black Bean Wraps

Tonight my roommate and I cooked scallops. I quickly seared the scallops in browned butter and served them with couscous tossed in Trader Joe's pesto with chopped tomatoes. They were delicious!

Scallops and Couscous


Thursday

Today at Sutphen I sat in on more meetings and interviews and worked on developing a newsletter for wellness for the month of September. We also sat in on a webinar centered OSHA incident reporting- exciting stuff!

Salami Wraps

Later in the day I headed to Canal Winchester for some pickleball :)

Amazing Stir Fry from Giant Eagle



Friday

Today at work I designed the wellness bulletin board. The month of September is centered around the topic of oral health! I also spent the rest of the day developing education materials for the rest of the month. 

Oral Health Bulletin Board

Pesto Couscous and Fruit

After work I got my nails done at La Vie Nails in Grandview- they do an amazing job for a great price I highly recommend!!

Michael came over for dinner and we grabbed Preston's Burgers from Woodland's Backyard. This is going to be dangerous because it's right across from my apartment! Honestly one of the best burgers I've ever had. 

Single Burger

Potato Skins

Cheese Curds

Single Burger


Saturday

Happy Game Day! We started the day with breakfast at Stauf's then moved onto the Short North for drinks and to watch the game! Go Bucks!

Avocado Toast and the Wrap

Drinks at Standard Hall

Lincoln Social 

Lincoln Social Margarita

After a quick nap we mosied over to Canal Winchester to relax and watch Michael's dog. I made us Tomato Risotto from NYT Cooking and we ate on the porch and enjoyed the absolutely gorgeous night. 



Even Charlie Liked It :)


Sunday 

Today we spent the day exploring bookstores around Columbus :) We stopped in Bexley First at Gramercy Books and grabbed breakfast at Kittie's Cakes. Wow- everything was amazing!

Pastries and Cupcakes

Everything Biscuit and Pimento Cheese

Oatmeal Cream Pie

Salted Maple Latte

Jalapeno Biscuit with Egg and Pimento Cheese

"Best Cinnamon Roll in Columbus"

After breakfast we walked around the bookstore then headed to The Book Loft in German Village. Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot begin to explain how amazing this place is. There were so many discounted books right when we walked onto the patio. I couldn't believe some of the prices! They boast over 500,000 books and 32 rooms. You could spend DAYS discovering the entire store. I bought 6 recent titles for under $50. I can't wait to go back for more!

Bargain Books Outside

My Haul

Start of my Collection!
Chicken Mushroom Lettuce Wraps with Sauteed Squash


Today was an amazing end to an amazing week. Here's to many more!










Comments

Popular Posts