Cincinnati Fall Bucket List

It's nearing the end of September so that means fall is finally approaching! It may be 89 degrees and sunny but that doesn't stop me from pulling out my pumpkin scented candles and apple cider and cozying up to a good scary movie. Oxford is the most perfect place in the world to be when the leaves start changing. The colors on the trees are so striking against the beautiful brick buildings of Miami's campus. It's truly a sight to see, and I feel lucky every single day to be spending my college days here. 

I've made myself a bucket list for this fall in the Cincinnati area. Most of these are things I have done before and I wanted to share them with you! Others are new to me and I can't wait to try them :)




Here are some of my recommendations for great places to complete some of the bucket list items!
  • Go on a hayride, pick a pumpkin, and complete a corn maze
    • Butterfield Farms, Oxford, OH
    • Niederman Family Farm, West Chester, OH
    • Blooms and Berries, Loveland, OH
    • Schappacher Farm, Wilmington, OH
  • Go to a haunted house
    • Dent Schoolhouse, Cincinnati, OH
    • USS Nightmare, Newport, KY
    • Lewisburg Haunted Cave, Lewisburg, OH
  • Go to a local farmer's market and cook a seasonal meal
    • Findlay Market Fall Food Fest 10/8 
    • Oxford Farmer's Market
    • Hyde Park Farmer's Market
  • Go to a scary movie event
    • Fright Night, Washington Park, Cincinnati, OH
    • Terror at the Drive In, Holiday Auto Theatre, Hamilton, OH
  • Tailgate for a football game
    • I'm hoping to make it to Columbus to tailgate a Buckeyes' game!
  • Go on a fall hike and have a campfire
    • Hueston Woods, Oxford, OH
  • Go to the Ohio Renaissance Festival
  • Go to an Oktoberfest celebration (something I've never done before!)
  • Oxford Apple Butter Festival
    • My nutrition professor is the "Brew Master" for this year's festival and we get to help out by making some apple butter!

Comments

Popular Posts